Can we move shortcut T to space? Space is a universal end turn shortcut. And moving the cats without entering the ship interous would be a nice addition. Instead of using A-B-C-D-E... assign them to ALT+1-5. Would make the experience much more smoother. Thanks.
Overall, the game is pleasing.
Thank you very much! Would you like to have an Alpha version access key? Write me your email plz
Jumping to the last area, named Checkpost Junction is buggy. You see the health bar of units, but the game area doesn't load, gets stuck on the solar system area. The curiosity warp controls side window pops up, but nothing happens. You have to kill the game and continue in order to make it work.
I attached two videos, so you could see the problems.
- If you press 1, to attack, then press SPACE the game zooms in on your ship, but there is no way to enter the ship. The desired action would be: cancel current movement action and show ship interior.
- In the second area if you have collected the purranium, the Warp icon becomes active, pressing on it plays a sound effect, but nothing happens. Because no cats are present in the reactor room. This should be clear and concise.
- Show with a border in the inventory which items can be assigned to the ship.
- When the inventory is open and you drag things around the background also moves. Should be fixed, only move the game area when no modals are open. Also, if you intrinsically press ESC the yes/no dialog appears in the background, behind the inventory. So ESC should be an escape key. If any modal windows are open and the user presses the ESC key, the topmost window should close down. Then pressing again closes the next window, if you are on the game area and you press ESC again then should the YES/NO quit game modal question pop up.
Some other miniscule things:
- Pressing esc should be a modal window. Right now you press ESC and you can still play the game, while the yes/no button is still outside.
- In the demo end mission: sometimes the camera positions on the big ship's engine and you have to grab it back to your ship and it takes a helluva lot of time. In regards to this, assigning a key to eg. HOME to center the camera on your ship would be nice.
Btw, finished the demo and I like the overall game idea - just polish it up big time. The atmosphere is good, there are a lot of cool ideas, like luring enemies into gas clouds, then igniting the whole thing, the gargantuan ship that jumps next to you and you have to nuke its engines is purrfect. Reminded me of good ol' days from Tie Fighter where you were sitting in a miniscule ship and had to bring down those big behemoth spaceships with your smarts.
Or End, maybe Backspace, something away from the main area of the keyboard helps.
Thank you very much! for the character hot keys - sure! will add to the list For the end turn button I will need to think about it, test and ask more people ^_^