before anything: great game! very promising, glad I supported it in Kickstarter. quite a coincidence this demo came out just as I started playing FTL.
so, comments and suggestions:
1. the English needs a bit of editorial review in some spots. nothing serious,
it's all perfectly readable and understandable, just minor tweaking. examples:
"Great! You manageD to steal the Curiosity."
"Calling reinforcementS" (reinforcement is correct too, buy it's more typical in this context to use the plural)
2. faster tractor beam animations would be nice. same for crew movement.
3. unit selection and movement: I found the difference in movement selection between ship (left-click) and crew (right-click) a bit odd and counterintuitive, but easy to get used to. however, the crew selection still throws me off. have to left-click their icons to select them, but the icons have F# keys, which makes me think F keys also can select them, but instead they focus on the units, forcing one to zoom out to move them. I think it's more standard in games to have left-click and F# do the same thing (select them w/o focus) and double-click or double-F# to focus.
4. saving crew positions: I might be using this feature wrong (great feature, though!), but it seems that one has to switch the crew to the default (hallway) to create a new position, which creates extra clicking. example:
to create B if I already have A:
crew A:mitzi-weapons,biski-engine --> press B both go back to hallway --> move mitzi back to weapons and biski to cargo --> save B
crew A:mitzi-weapons,biski-engine --> move biski to cargo --> save B
I think this would become even more important as one gains more crew members.
5. The Curiosity computer looks an awful lot like the AI in Starcraft. coincidence?
I may submit more as I keep playing. keep up the great work! very much looking forward to its release.
personal question: do you have two cats named Mitzi and Biski? :)